Saturday, June 12, 2010

This morning McKay Dee Hospital (that so generously employs me) held a 5k in honor of their 100 year celebration. Mind you it was freaking windy and raining like crazy. But because I already paid 12 bucks to run in the dang thing, I forced myself out of bed and step into the freezing cold weather to attempt to run! I didn't know the course, but soon found out that it was 12 blocks UP hill against the wind! PERFECT!!
My cute friend from work Kayli who has been running many races this summer insprired me so I decided I'd try to keep up with here pace. I about died at the 1/2 mile mark, but told myself I couldn't give up, I had to stay with her. And guess what peeps............I did!! WOOO to me! I finished the up hill windy race in 30:41 and I felt really good about it! Thanks Kayli for being my support this race! :) Love ya!

Kayli and Me
Janessa and Me who is also always my inspiration :)
Me, Tara, and Stacey :)

1 comment:

  1. Sick! I look horrible in that picture!! haha! It was fun running with you too girl!! Good job

    ReplyDelete